Monday, June 22, 2015

Mermaid Warped Tour Diaries


I am currently sitting in a Starbucks using their Internet, because, if it's free it's for me! We've had a tiring three days, but totally worth it! The flight to LA California went smoothly and as always, Virgin Airlines had it lit UP!

We rested a bit and drove to our first stop on the tour, Pomona CA. Ironically enough our tent was placed right in front of the "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll" truck! Hah!


The first day was awesome and successful! Not to mention dusty, they had the festival on a horse racing track so there was a lot of dirt. Everyone was literally covered in dirt head to toe!




Then we headed to San Francisco and had a super busy and blessed day! So many people came to our tent and wrote their darkness on a card to bring them to light and let us speak and pray with them about it. We are a youth ministry but every now and then we would get a mom or dad visit us. Two moms in particular really struck a note with me, one struggled deeply with loss and the other with a dark depression that plagued her and her son. I got to read the woman's card who was struggling with loss and cry with her and encourage her. Then the other woman wouldn't let me read her card until she left because she knew she would get too emotional. But I read her card after she left and immediately felt convicted to pray for her, so I got on my knees and started praying. Minutes later I saw them walking again and I knew I had to talk to her. So I did and it was so awesome! It was very personal and intimate so I don't want to share more than that, but she even found me on Facebook and told me how much she appreciated everything. It was so rewarding to know I could bring that beacon of hope for her to become closer to God!


Then we headed to Ventura California and it was another day speaking love into the hearts of the youth. All day yesterday we were rebuking satan because his darkness had a grip on the kids in this  particular area, and he was came back at us full force to the point where we physically felt nauseous at one point. But that's what happens when you're fighting for the kingdom of heaven! So please continue to pray resilience in our team, also for finances as we're currently struggling a bit. But we know Abba Father will provide! After a spiritually draining day I had the chance to sit on the beach and journal. So I'm just going to copy what I wrote while staring at this view! 



"I have seen more redemption and thankfulness in the last three days than in my entire life. To have the opportunity to personally speak life to so many kids daily is such a mind blowing experience! To be honest, I was wary coming on to Warped Tour. I doubted I could be the one to make a difference in a youths life. My confidence lacked as far as being a true disciple and making a true impact. The only thing that kept me from turning down this opportunity was my faithfulness in knowing it's where God wanted me. Faithfulness that was rewarded the moment I stepped out of the SKAD tent and spoke to my first kid of the summer. Words flowed from me that were not my own! Even in my imperfect knowledge, awkwardness and social anxiety the Holy Spirit used me. I cant keep up with how many beautiful girls needed to be told of their worth and princess status! From my weaknesses of my past I had authority speaking against depression, lack of self-worth, self mutilation, anxiety, etc. In my weakness I am made strong!" 

So that's what my time so far has looked like! Thank you everyone for you're prayers, support and thoughts, and I ask that you continue them! Love Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment