Monday, November 3, 2014

A few of my favorite things

Star Gazing - 
I absolutely love just staring at the stars! When you look up there you are looking at eternity, and beauty, eternal beauty. I feel like when i'm staring into eternal beauty, i'm staring into the eyes of God. It's mesmerizing, space just blows my mind and I love learning about our constellations, other galaxies beyond our Milky Way, the entire Cosmos. It's also very humbling to be aware of what's out there, when i feel overwhelmed by the world and it's problems or my own, i'm reminded that they are in fact just worldly. 
Romans 12:2 - Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Our Milky Way Galaxy over my house on The Fourth of July
Photo Cred to my Aunt Dion who has gotten SO good at photographing the stars


Tea -
Whether i'm enjoying a cuppa on my own or with friends I always find it so cozy and comforting. All bundled up in a blanket with my dog, watching a favorite TV show, sipping on a chamomile tea, SO good! Sitting in a coffee shop with a friend chatting or 'journaling' together drinking Chai Teas, even better! And in the heat of a Texas summer an ice sweet tea always hits the spot! I love green tea, masala tea, black tea, earl grey, mint, and many more! Tea is universal! I love the cute & delicate tea cups and the matching saucers, and recently I've been obsessed with Japanese tea sets! BTW, I like my tea bold with milk and sugar. 

The cup of tea I had while writing about tea! 


Fantasy/Fiction -
Now I'm generalizing this, because there are a plethora of things I love that I'm putting under this label. I love anime, anything Studio Ghibli, also a lot from Funimation. I love fictional or fantasy adventure books, my favorite as a child was Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events, and the film versions of them like Narnia, Harry Potter, and my most favorite, The Lord of the Rings. I love Dr. Who, almost every episode makes me cry. I love Disney movies, the magic they create! I love fantasy creatures, unicorns, fairies, centaurs and most of all mermaids! 

This is the most adorable little centaur family (like on Fantasia) i created on Azaleadolls.com
Guilty pleasure


Adventure -
This also cover a WIDE variety of things i love. I love going on outdoor adventures, getting lost in the woods (but not really lost lost, that would be scary), river walking, kayaking, camping, hiking to see the views. It makes my soul happy! I love experiencing the fullness of what God created this world to offer us. I love adrenaline adventures! Skydiving, zip lining, roller coasters, whatever! Spelunking and bungee jumping are on my list! I love the adventure of a new place, whether it's a road trip to a new state or a new country! I've come to love being in an airport, an adventure is definitely waiting on me when I'm there. I love letting myself bask in not knowing whats ahead, letting the excitement of the unknown linger. The Spirit of the Lord leads me, so I'm never nervous and i embrace change! I'm ALWAYS taken care of, it's been proven, so I trust in my Father and go where He leads me and it's the MOST invigorating experience!    

            
Here I am enjoying an awesome kayak adventure
 If you look closely you can see me after i jumped out of an airplane


Family & Friends -
Oh how i adore my loved ones, they mean everything to me! I've got my Mom, Dad and Brother, and i feel like we are just the perfect family. Not in an ordinary cookie cutter way, we are... out there. My brother and i got our whit from our dad and our emotions from our mom. Laughter is the essence of my family, we thrive on each others laughter. We're not REALLY perfect of course, we have had our rough patches, mostly in my teenage moody years to be honest, but we always end up laughing in the end. And recently my brother got married adding another Miller to the mix and i got a sister. Which was weird at first but you can SO tell she's becoming more and more apart of our family just when we all laugh together. And my friends, I am all over the place with friends! I mean talk about the most random bunch of people. For me, who used to struggle with feeling alone, I have never felt more surrounded with love. My mom told me one of her favorite things about me was my ability to make friends with anyone. A friend also told me that they thought one of my gifts was the ability to make anybody feel like a part of the group and not leave anybody out. I cherish these words of encouragement because i feel like in all my years of feeling lonely it was a learning experience. Loneliness made me hate myself, and for the rest of my life i'll love anyone who lets me love them. Also i love my dog, I promise you she was a gift from God given to me before i knew i was going to go through a depression. I am literally alive today because my Father gave me something to take care of, something that relied on me and made me her world. He knew i was gonna need that extra 5lbs of best friend to make it out of my wilderness. 

A few years ago they gave us this photo at the Magic Time Machine restaurant, it took us a few seconds to realized what was wrong. And we still laugh about it. 
Our faces are switched, it's just wrong




No comments:

Post a Comment